HR Manager – Software/Tech – Maternity Cover
£ 50,000 London | Fixed Term
Our client is a leading global software technology company firm, based close to the city. The company’s culture is collaborative, transparent, personable and focussed on learning & development.
The busy and friendly HR team of this company is responsible for recruiting, training and supporting its talent across their five global offices including the HQ in London.
We are looking for an experienced and hands on HR Manager / HR Generalist to join the team and provide maternity cover for the Head of HR for 8 months – from August 2018 until March 2019.
The ideal candidate will bring relevant software and technology industry experience and a depth of HR Generalist knowledge which will allow them to join the business and hit the ground running, from day one.
- You will be seen as a trusted HR Advisor within the business and will help to roll out HR strategies across Talent, Recruitment and Operations
- You will implement HR activities that feed into the overall business strategy of the organisation including:
- Talent management and training
- Operational HR plans and tasks including employee relations, reviewing and updating policies and procedures
- Implementation of a new HR system and roll out across the business
- Implementation of internal communication strategies
- Performance management and delivering a career and development strategy for all employees
- Talent attraction strategy (direct recruitment (LinkedIn recruiter tool), developing employer brand, building talent pools
- End-to-end recruitment including writing job specifications, candidate/agency sourcing, co-ordinating interviews and on-boarding
- Partnering with and supporting line managers to coach and guide around employee relations’ issues, appraisal best practice and maximising engagement
- Strengthening the organisational culture and improving trust
- Ensuring values are lived and embedded in people practices and acting on employee feedback
- Ongoing review of benefits and perks packages
- Championing information security at a team and company-wide level
- 5-8 years' of Human Resources Generalist experience in a software or technology company
- Experience in a HR Manager position for at least 2 years
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with internal stakeholders of all levels within the business
- A passion for people and improving workplaces
- The ability to work as part of a team to achieve the common organisational goal
- The ability to work with colleagues to develop our people through a ‘people strategy’
- The ability to build strong connections and relationships with colleagues and clients
- An ability to achieve challenging performance goals, to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- A self-starter who is naturally proactive
- Robust, meticulous and professional
- An openness to feedback and a drive to improve
- A good sense of humour with a fun outlook on life, appreciating the importance of a work-life balance