Senior Project Leader – Robotics / Electronics
Our client is a venture-backed, robotics & electronics start-up firm with headquarters based in Paris, France. As the team expands with its first project based in the UK, we are looking for an experienced Senior Project Leader, based in London, to lead the project management and explore new business opportunities in the UK market.
If you have a technical Project Management background and experience in robotics, electronics or automation, this could be a perfect opportunity for you to join a team of leading innovators.
The Role – Senior Project Leader UK
You will be the first member of the UK team, responsible for leading the first UK innovation project, partnering with one of the largest airports in London. You will be responsible for launching this new project by spring 2019 and hiring a junior project manager to support you in the day to day running of the project. You will also contribute to the acquisition of new project deals in the UK so business development & negotiation skills will be key.
We are looking for a Senior Project Leader with a technical background. A person who is daring, conscientious, questioning, and with excellent interpersonal skills who is able to manage stakeholders.
Key responsibilities with this role include:
- Drive both the team and airport’s organisation (from operational level to executive management) to launch the first stage of the project by Spring 2019.
- You will have to show excellent stakeholder management skills that will be crucial to the success of our project (Quality/Costs/Lead time).
- Build a strong relationship with the client and lead all stages of project management (contracts, insurance, compliance, timelines etc).
- Ensure project costs stay in line with initial budget and that KPIs are met.
- Further projects: hire A-players, and lead our future UK project team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally you will have a technical background in robotics, connectivity, electronics or construction with minimum 10 years’ experience
- Experience working with airports would be a very significant advantage
- Experience with parking and with transportation projects
- You are excited by the challenge of working in a start-up
- Native English speaker and French language skills a bonus
- Regular travel to France (mainly Paris to the company HQ) will be required
What’s on Offer
- Competitive salary, up to £85,000 depending on experience
- Fast-paced and flexible environment
- Work from home days
- Meal vouchers
- Private healthcare
- Transportation stipend
- Stock options