Head of Talent
Head of Talent
Salary: Up to £70,000 plus benefits
Location: Soho, London, W1
Our client is an exclusive student social online platform that allows students to network, collaborate, and share knowledge, no matter which university they are in all around the world! Using their exclusive digital software, students are brought together based on shared interests, subject matter or anything else they may have in common, allowing students to connect with others, that they otherwise would not be able to reach via traditional social media.
We are looking for a Head of Talent to drive our organisation-wide talent management and development initiatives.
As Head of Talent, you will define the strategy to attract, engage and hire awesome new talent, as well as supporting the HR Manager in the creation of a robust Talent Management strategy that will ensure that talent is developed and capabilities are maximised.
Head of Talent responsibilities include scheduling employee training programs, implementing regular performance evaluations and designing succession planning policies. You will also help us maintain an equal employment opportunity environment.
Ultimately, you will foster a healthy workplace that helps us achieve our business objectives.
Your responsibilities will also include but are not limited to:
- Identify business needs and work to create and implement an efficient and cost-effective talent acquisition strategy.
- Building an incredible employer brand.
- Help define and cultivate company cultural imperatives aligned with broader mission and values
- Organise and oversee individual and team training programs
- Plan regular employee performance evaluations
- Conduct skills gap analyses
- Monitor and report on turnover rates
- Develop employee retention programs and team-building activities
- Craft policies that support internal promotions
- Perform benchmark research on compensation and benefits
- Onboard new hires
- Coach employees and act as their consultant regarding learning and development activities
- Support the HR/Office Manager to deliver efficient on-boarding process and robust employee data record-keeping
Skills & Experience
- Likely to have at least 8 years solid experience in the talent/resourcing area of expertise and extensive experience in the HR function
- Ability to network internally and externally in order to understand trends, themes, issues to be addressed and best practice in the talent space
- Natural ability to work with external partners and create long lasting partnership relationships with them.
- Experience in a globally dispersed organization a plus
- Ability to communicate directly, clearly and honestly with senior executive leadership.
- Adaptable, flexible, leadership style
- Experience at both high growth and larger scale business a plus.
- High level of loyalty, integrity and trust
- Collaborative and team player
- Driven, results oriented
- High energy and positive, collaborative approach
- CIPD qualified